Where Serena is generous in November
In honour of NaNoWriMo and the generosity it inspires in me, I bring you WEEK THREE of my MORTAL INSTRUMENTS GIVEAWAY!
Guys, sorry for the delay in posting Week 3 of Novemberosity. I made a booboo last week – even though I said I was giving away Book 2, I kept saying City of Glass. Which is Book 3. D’OH. So I emailed the winner to see if she would rather have Book 2 or Book 3, and she decided to stick with Book 3, City of Glass.
I was delighted to be able to send the book over to the winner, who lives in a country that I’ve never heard of, and that baffled the postman. He literally pointed at the package and said “What’s that? Is that a country?” And I said yes, Mr Postman, I even checked the website to see if you delivered there, and he was all :O WE DO LOOK! And showed it to the postlady next to him. Lolz were had.
Anyway, this week I’m giving away Book 2, City of Ashes!
Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what’s normal when you’re a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who’s becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn’t ready to let her go — especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary’s only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil — and also her father.
To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings — and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace. How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?
In this breathtaking sequel to City of Bones, Cassandra Clare lures her readers back into the dark grip of New York City’s Downworld, where love is never safe and power becomes the deadliest temptation.
- Subscribe to my blog and comment below to say you’ve done so.
- Already subscribed? Nice one, thank you! It totally counts. I don’t mind if you subscribe with WordPress, by email, Google Reader, smoke signal, whatever.
As well as that, I am going to allow extra points for entries if you do any of the following things:
- Follow me on twitter +1
- Already follow me? Just let me know, and it counts! When you reply here, let me know what your twitter @handle is so I can check.
- Retweet about this competition +1
- This only counts for one RT, so don’t go retweeting this every day.
- Follow my tumblr +1
- already following it? Still counts! Just let me know what your tumblr is.
- Blog about this giveaway +1
- If you’d like to mention this giveaway on your blog, I’ll happily give you another point. We can be blog buddies! This also counts if you reblog my tumblr post about this giveaway.
So, if I’ve done my maths right, that means you can have a possible 5 chances at winning this book. I have a short list of rules:
- If you are a lucky winner of one of these books, you cannot enter any further giveaways for the rest of the books.
- Let’s be fair, people. I want to be able to spread the love as far and wide as I can with these, so there can only be one winner for each book. It would be really unfair if someone won two or more of them.
- Please do not make extra twitter/tumblr/blog etc. accounts to forge your way in. It’s not in the spirit of the giveaway.
- Do not put these books on e-bay or any bidding site for further gain. I’m giving these away with the hopes that they will reach fans of Cassandra Clare. If I see them up on e-bay, I will totally internet-kick your ass.
- Rules are subject to further changes as the giveaway continues.
Now that the grr-faced part is over, on to the fun stuff! This giveaway is international, so anyone can enter. Like my last giveaway, I’ll also throw in a full set of Harry Potter bookmarks, and if I have some extra swag lying about, you’ll get that too!
Copy and paste the following form into your comment to enter the giveaway. PLEASE use the form, it makes it so much easier for me to add up how many points you have to enter with.
COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE:
DID YOU SUBSCRIBE?
YOUR TWITTER HANDLE: if applicable
LINK TO RETWEET: if applicable
YOUR TUMBLR ACCOUNT: if applicable
LINK TO BLOG/REBLOG: if applicable
This giveaway will CLOSE on TUESDAY 22ND NOVEMBER @ 7 PM GMT! Good luck!